11.06.2006

Screw ITX Boxes

A long time ago, we got a bunch of ITX boxes for kiosks for hotels. I put Ubuntu on them and did some editing and made them kiosks. Firefox was the only application that came up and no one could exit it. Well, I had to do that in a week and I had no experience with it, so it sucked. We've replaced them now with sunrays (whew), and now we have some of these back at the office.

They SUCK! It seems that the hardware just dies. They were running, then I brought them back and formatted them and tried another install of Ubuntu (just the server part), and nothing will work. Some boxes won't even install it, some will but won't boot it. I've tried multiple versions of Ubuntu, differents drives, cdroms, nothing. It is so weird. I just want one box that is good for a transparent proxy I need to make. It doesn't take much for this, so I just need one good machine. grrrrrrr . . .

submit to: del.icio.us | Digg | reddit

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home